Bra-Making with Jenny Ambrose
Cost:$250.00 per person
Schedule:Four Evenings, 3 hours each
About this experience
August 29-Sept 1, 6-9pm
We are so excited to bring Jenny Ambrose back up from Victoria for the second time this year! Is it time to level up your sewing with bra making?
Level Up!* If you've taken bra-making before and want to challenge yourself with a new pattern or work with lace and/or sheer cup lining please feel free to reach out upon registration about your goals prior to the workshop so that I can tailor the course for you! firstname.lastname@example.org
Create your own bra pattern during this two day course! This class is a great introduction to the world of sewing lingerie!
Choose from 3 patterns:
Classic Bra (pattern by Pin Up Girls) * fit samples for all sizes available - PRINTED PATTERN
Ruby Bra (pattern by Pin Up Girls)* samples will be available in a selection of sizes - PRINTED PATTERN
Lanai Wireless Bra (pattern by Lilypad Designs) * samples will be available in a selection of sizes - PDF PATTERN ONLY
Students will learn step-by-step how to make the bra. We will cover everything you need to know to make a professional looking undergarment using ONLY a sewing machine! Skills include:
- Choosing the correct size through a hands-on fitting process
- Cutting and preparing your fabric for sewing
- Getting to know the basics of lingerie notions, fabrics, and supplies.
- Elastic application
- Construction techniques
- Sewing adjustable straps
- Attaching a hook and eye closure
- Finishing techniques to get a professional looking result
Workshop fee includes:
- 12 hours of instruction time (some homework may be required)
- Opportunity to try fit samples BEFORE the course begins to help achieve the best possible fit for your first bra
- Sample pack of bra-making materials for practicing
- The use of classroom sewing machines and tools - though we strongly recommend bringing your own machine.
- Opportunity to purchase supplies from The Makehouse at a 20% discount before and during the workshop.
Please note that the first bra you make is not likely to be the "perfect fit". This course is your stepping stone into the world of bra-making and we strongly encourage you to make another soon after the course!
We offer a 20% student discount on all your supplies for this workshop. You will be sent a code to use online once you've registered for your class.
- Bra Pattern
- Bra Kit (kit will include duoplex or bra satin, powernet, hook and eyes, hoops and sliders, bra strap elastic, bra band elastic, elastic trims & lace (optional)
- Spool of coordinating quality polyester thread
- Underwires (no need to purchase in advance - instructor will bring a selection of sizes so that we can test during the workshop
Skill requirements: Previous sewing machine experience including garment making is required to take this class. If you're not sure if this class is a good fit for your current skills, please talk to us!
Group size: Maximum 7
Jenny Ambrose is the owner of The Makehouse in Victoria, and a passionate maker of garments, with a strong focus on lingerie. She's a great... *support* in a bra making journey!